Stuffed Brie to Die For
I have never in my whole life liked Brie. Yechhh. Used to say that I would never ever eat Brie. Here’s a point to learn ladies and gentlemen. Never ever say never!
The below recipe was one given to me to try from a friend. Since I love onions, mushrooms and dates (and figs who can tell them apart anyway…) and she implored me to at least try it for my husband and for company and friends, I figured why not. She’s a good friend. For her, I would try it. To confide in you: it darn near blew me away. It’s awesome.
The sweet taste of dates ( or figs ) combined with carmelized onions bring the Brie to this sumptuous explosion of taste in your mouth. I had to have more. My husband and friends needed more … they wanted me to make another one! So please, I implore you. Try the recipe and see if it sets your mouth and tastebuds ablaze with taste sensation. But I warn you … it’s addictive and habit-forming. Enjoy and tell me how you liked it!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and caramelize onions and mushrooms; add dates and warm mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Slice the Brie wheel in half down the center so that there is a top and a bottom; fill with the onion mixture. Replace the top of the Brie.
- Microwave Brie for 1 to 3 minutes or until bubbly; serve to your delighted guests.