No one wants to spend Valentine’s Day alone, including your dog. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to reflect on the importance of the relationship you share with your dog and the unconditional love he/she gives you. Show your best friend that Cupid made a good match when he linked your hearts. Below are ways to enjoy a special Valentine’s Day with your furry sweetheart.
1. Snuggle on the couch. There’s nothing your dog loves more than spending quality time with his best friend. Invite Fido on the couch to snuggle beside you and enjoy some cuddles and TLC.
2. Give your dog a massage. Dogs get sore, stiff, and tense too. Strengthen your human-animal bond and bring relaxation to both your dog and yourself.
3. Take a walk through the park. Just the two of you. Activity, nature, and you – three of your dog’s favorite things. Put your schedule, your cell phone, and your worries aside, and enjoy some quality time with your furry friend.
4. Bake some yummy, homemade treats for your dog. Healthy treats made with love make a great Valentine’s gift for your dog. Surprise your dog by allowing him/her to snack on the ingredients while you cook, enjoy the aroma coming from the oven and feast on the end result! (See one EZ recipe below that’s sure to please!)
Very Cool Dog Treats
1 cup peanut butter (unsalted)
2 Tbsp. honey
1.Combine all ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
2.Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze solid (at least two hours).
3.Pop out one cube at a time and serve to your pup.
5. Turn off the TV. Tune into your dog rather than the latest reality show. Your dog knows when you are truly enjoying his/her companionship. Be goofy with them, play on the floor with them, let them lick your face, give them belly rubs … Forget your inhibitions and have fun!
6. Take your dog to a pet supply store to pick out a new toy. It’s a great way to spend quality time with your dog and for your dog to gain social skills. The best part, he/she sniff out all the toys pick a favorite!
7. Book a weekend at a dog camp. Enjoy a mini-vacation that focuses on your dog. It’s a dog’s paradise!
Your dog gives you unending love. He/she comforts you when you’re down and celebrates with you when you’re happy. Your dog is always happy to see you and wants nothing more than to be with you. Your dog is the perfect Valentine. Show him/her how much they mean to you!