Strawberry Almond Salad
Think your summer needs include more easy living? After a long hard work week, wouldn’t you want to enjoy the perfect tasty fresh salad for you and your family, and possibly guests?
Everyone will love this pretty salad that is topped with fresh strawberries, almond slices. Add mandarin orange slices as an option – pretty, colorful, tasty. With just a few ingredients, this salad is loaded with flavor. Its taste will tantalize the palate. So yummy and fresh, you can’t say no.
And because it is nearly summer time and the living should be easy as the song urges, I present this recipe is first-class and so simple to make. When you’ve had a really busy day and want this dish even easier, you could defer to using a Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (such as Kraft’s)!
You will be so pleased you made this recipe. It may sound odd to some, but when it is placed in front of guests, it is so pretty and a soft sweet aroma follows from the dish – no one will be able to resist. Even children love it – tested and true!
Recipe Yield ~ 4 servings. For more servings, double the recipe!
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced honey-roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar (or use Splenda if you prefer)
- 1 can Mandarin orange slices (optional – I use for color and flavor)
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Also add the mandarin orange slices if you’d like. In a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, honey and sugar; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.